Total Rewards (Human Resources) Summer Intern
The Summer 2022 Total Rewards Intern is responsible for providing a broad range of support to the Total Rewards Community of Expertise by assisting with various benefits, compensation, and HR documentation responsibilities and initiatives. The Summer Internship Program runs from May to August 2022.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Develop and revise HR documentation (FAQs, call center scripts, policies, desktop procedures, supporting documents, and standard operating procedures) based on a need to update current processes or create new ones.
- Review and format documents for upload to the myHR Knowledgebase
- Provide documentation status tracking as required
- Analyze and track monthly myHR Knowledgebase reports for each region
- Assist with audits and other projects related to Benefits and Compensation
- Assist with the development and distribution of Benefits related communication materials
- Support other HR projects as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
Currently enrolled in a university/college and actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related discipline.
At least 3 months of working experience (could include part-time positions or other internships)
Skills and Abilities
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with a high level of motivation
- Effective organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals and confidential information
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Microsoft SharePoint experience a plus
- Ability to coordinate tasks, take initiative, solve problems, and effectively manage multiple simultaneous priorities
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.