Under close supervision and within established departmental and hospital policies and procedures, the Program Coordinator is responsible for performing a variety of research and administrative duties to support programs and initiatives of the Connors Center for Women’s Health and Gender Biology.
The Connors Center is the umbrella organization for women's health research across all departments and programs at Brigham and Women's Hospital; the Center aims to improve the health of women and transform their care through research, education, and training. The Program Coordinator works collaboratively with various team members to ensure successful planning and execution to achieve stated goals and tasks for any programs/projects assigned. The Program Assistant will be responsible for project and administrative work associated with the Center’s programs and infrastructure including Fellowship Programs, events, communications, and coordination and support for meetings.
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Operations and Programming. The Program Coordinator will be part of the Center Team comprised of the Executive Director, Scientific Director, Director of Research Operations, Project Managers and Research and Administrative Staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the coordination of special events and seminars which includes handling meeting logistics, preparation, agendas, minutes, and administrative follow-up.
- Organize meetings of External and Internal Advisory Boards, Leadership Retreats, and Scientific Panels
- Provide general administrative support for Center’s Fellowship Programs; coordinate recruitment activities, fellowship events and meetings
- Support financial functions of the Center including submitting reimbursements, check requests and purchase orders
- Coordinate internal and external communications, including advertising events, website management, newsletter and social media management
- Management of Center contact database and email distribution lists
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in a research, medical, or non-profit institution preferred.
- Co-op or internship experience in program management, research, or event coordination a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in scientific research, medicine, or women's health strongly preferred
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- High degree of computer literacy; proficiency with Microsoft Office software; experience with graphics and database programs preferred.
- Ability to plan and coordinate activities, establish priorities, and meet deadlines to achieve timely results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively with constituents internal and external to the hospital and to maintain a professional demeanor when faced with challenging situations
- Takes initiative; a pro-active task completer and problem solver
- Able to thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Flexibility and adaptability; willingness to assist staff with routine and last-minute projects if priorities shift
- Experience with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
This full-time position (40 hours/week) is based in an office environment, separate from clinical areas of the Hospital. Due to COVID-19, most staff in the Department are working under a hybrid model, with some time working remote and some time onsite. Remote workers are expected to be online, with web cameras available for teleconferencing needs, during regular work hours, or as specified with each employee individually.
Please submit a cover letter with your application.