Student Employee - Emerging Technologies
The Student Employee will support technology scouting and innovation demonstrations between member utilities and startups involved in EPRI’s Incubatenergy Labs programs. With a focus on early-stage and emerging technologies, the student employee will work with the Incubatenergy Labs team on startup recruiting, technical due diligence, rapid demonstration project definition and execution, and facilitating knowledge transfer of the results of those projects.
The Electric Power Research Institute, a thought-leader across the electric power industry, is seeking capable team members that will help us “connect the dots” between the process of scaling innovations into market and the industry priorities of decarbonization, electrification, resilience and grid modernization.
For this position, we’re looking for:
- An interest in the sustainability and decarbonization, the electric power industry, and an inquisitive attitude about new technology and emerging research;
- Good writing skills and the ability to speak the English language;
- Ability to comprehend and communicate technology concepts in energy and electrification;
- Pursuing Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree with relevant course work in science, engineering, sustainability and/or business
The ideal candidate will have one or more of the following:
- Familiarity with power systems and their applications to the energy industry; or
- A focus on technology and business model innovation to achieve sustainability and decarbonization
- Maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or higher is strongly preferred.
You'll be working along side EPRI researchers, utility business units and startup founders to identify and engage in rapid demonstration of emerging energy technologies. The position offers great exposure to multiple technology areas deployed in the electric power industry.
Most of the opportunities will require the candidate to be in a degree program with a focus in one of the following areas:
- Entrepreneurial Studies with a technology focus
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Environment Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer/Data Sciences