Social Media Coordinator
Job no: 511595
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: University Relations
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Applications Open: Jan 14 2022
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
University Relations is responsible for promoting the university to the campus, prospective students and families, alumni, granting institutions, legislators and the general public. The social media coordinator is responsible for maintaining all aspects of the university’s official presence on multiple social media channels, as well as supporting campus departments.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- One to three years experience managing social media in a professional environment
- Using social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, TikTok and YouTube
- Ability to create highly engaging content using video and photos
- Experience placing advertising on Google or social channels
- Understanding of marketing and advertising principles
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Knowledge of AP style preferred
- Excellent critical thinking and judgment
- Experience using social listening and publishing tools such as Sprout and Social Studio a plus
- Track metrics
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is a SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P15.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.