Assistant Project Manager-Marietta, GA
Position Summary: The Assistant Project Manager (APM) is responsible for estimating, scheduling, procurement, and project management of master service agreements and site-specific projects for distribution and transmission construction across a mix of customers for which Pike Electric, LLC serves. APM’s are responsible for establishing and maintaining positive relationships with customers while ensuring field operations are supplied with pertinent contractual information necessary to perform all work per specifications in a safe, cost effective, and timely manner. The APM is expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently.
Under minimal supervision, the Assistant Project Manager will provide:
- Management of projects and master service agreements in accordance with Pike Policies and Procedures
- Management of the client, ensuring effective business relationships are in place and trusted by all parties
- All aspects of contract negotiation, change order identification, submittal and approval, administration, and establishing the means to execute the contract to include management of subcontractors and material procurement
- Effective change control and risk management processes
- Thorough estimates and proposals for site specific projects and master service agreements
- Effective contractual meetings (contract kickoff, progress meetings, safety meetings, etc.)
- Provide meaningful performance related feedback/input to appropriate operations and field management members
- Contract reporting and status for field operations, management, and to the customer
- Accurate monthly financial reporting with adequate backup for management, internal and external accounting
- Effective financial controls to ensure profitability and expected cash flow on all projects and master service agreements
- Management of accurate invoices to ensure timely issuance and payment
- Management and support of emergency and storm restoration events
- EH&S and Quality programs when applicable
- 4-year college degree preferably in engineering or business management
- Knowledge of project management fundamentals
- Working knowledge of personal computers and software applications with MS office application proficiency (proficiency in MS Project and/or Primavera scheduling software is not required but is a plus)
- Demonstrated skills in written communications; ability to compose basic as well as complex technical documents, formal letters, invoices
- Demonstrated skills in oral communications; ability to make presentations to both small and large, diverse groups
- High energy level with the ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with a bias for action
- Proven success in developing and maintaining internal and external relationships while effectively navigating organizational barriers
- High commitment to achieving goals and plans
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
- Demonstrated negotiating and decision making skills
- Working knowledge of project accounting practices and financial systems
- General understanding of Fixed Price, Time & Materials, Cost Plus and Unit contract pricing mechanisms
- Working knowledge of the techniques needed to lead and influence others in a matrix organization
Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle to feel; and reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work). The employee may be subject to one or more of the following atmospheric conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- Customer Oriented
- Work independently
- Leadership Skills
- Multi Task
- Must be able to follow Company safety rules and other Company policies.
Pike is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.