Gas Field Engineering Internship
NiSource Internship Program Introduction
The 12-week NiSource Internship program starting May 20th, is a multi-faceted development experience that provides our interns with challenging and meaningful work that impacts the communities we serve. As a NiSource intern, you will have the opportunity to learn from senior leadership and build professional relationships with employees across our company. The NiSource Internship program also incorporates workshops to learn about NiSource, the energy industry and infuses learning and development opportunities that sharpen your professional skills. The robust program will aid in building the fundamentals needed to enter the energy workforce upon graduation.
We are recruiting interns for multiple locations:
- Fort Wane, IN
- Hammond, IN
- South Bend, IN
- Valparaiso, IN
- Alliance, OH
- Toledo, OH
- Columbus, OH
- Chillicothe, OH
- Springfield, OH
- Mansfield, OH
- Lexington, KY
- Uniontown, PA
- Bridgeville, PA
- Monaca, PA
- York, PA
- Chester, VA
- Staunton, VA / Fredericksburg, VA
Field Engineer (Gas) Internship Job Summary
To evaluate, design, and estimate natural gas distribution facilities for new business, public and system improvement, and maintenance projects according to company standards and other applicable guidelines and codes. Natural gas distribution facilities may consist of main lines, service lines, and measurement & regulation equipment. The Engineer will provide technical assistance and support for Construction and Field Operations staff involved in the construction, operation, and maintenance of distribution facilities. Collaborate and coordinate efforts with key stakeholders on large distribution projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- This position requires a current student of an ABET accredited, four-year engineering program
- High importance placed on the ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbal and written
- High consideration for those candidates with interpersonal skills which are effective in communication with internal and external customers.
- Desire a quick learner with the willingness to remain flexible in various work assignments.
- Collecting and analyzing data and reviewing records.
- Creating job order sketches using AutoCAD.
- Perform field measurements
- Assemble data to create job order estimates
- Successful candidate will start in summer 2024
- Safety consciousness required
Required Qualifications for Position
- Current student of an ABET accredited, four-year Engineering program
- Must have completed at least one year of undergraduate study
- Ability to work 40 hrs/week during the 12 week summer internship program in a hybrid (office/field/home) work environment.
- Proficiency with PC applications and prefer strong skills with AutoCAD and MS Excel and Microsoft 365.
- Authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship
- Possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
This description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position.