Electric Field Engineering Internship Opportunities
ob Title: Field Engineering Intern
Job Code: INT003
NiSource Internship Program Introduction
The 12-week NiSource Internship program starting May 20th, is a multi-faceted development experience that provides our interns with challenging and meaningful work that impacts the communities we serve. As a NiSource intern, you will have the opportunity to learn from senior leadership and build professional relationships with employees across our company. The NiSource Internship program also incorporates workshops to learn about NiSource, the energy industry and infuses learning and development opportunities that sharpen your professional skills. The robust program will aid in building the fundamentals needed to enter the energy workforce upon graduation.
We are recruiting interns for multiple locations:
- Angola, IN
- Merrillville, IN
- Hammond, IN
Field Engineer (Electric) Internship Job Summary
To evaluate, design, estimate, and project manage the maintenance and construction of electric distribution systems. Design and manage all projects in accordance with applicable requirements, standards and codes, ensuring safe, reliable service to customers in an efficient, economical manner. Prepare detailed drawings, permits, easements, material estimates and reservations, and all other documents required for project completion. Communicate effectively with all major stakeholders including Operations, Engineering Records, Electric System Planning, Budget Analysts and customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- This position requires a current student of an ABET accredited, four-year engineering or Engineering Technology program
- High importance placed on the ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbal and written
- High consideration for those candidates with interpersonal skills which are effective in communication with internal and external customers.
- Desire a quick learner with the willingness to remain flexible in various work assignments.
- Possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Collecting and analyzing data and reviewing records.
- Creating job order sketches using AutoCAD.
- Perform field measurements
- Assemble data to create job order estimates
- Successful candidate will start in summer 2024
- Safety consciousness required
Required Qualifications for Position
- Current student of an ABET accredited, four-year Engineering/Engineering Technology program
- Must have completed at least one year of undergraduate study
- Ability to work 40 hrs/week during the 12 week summer internship program in a hybrid (office/field/home) work environment.
- Proficiency with PC applications and prefer strong skills with AutoCAD and MS Excel and Microsoft 365.
- Authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship
This description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position.